AAwards are special and more so when it comes from your fraternity. I was pleasantly surprised when a fellow blogger Anjan Roy (http://anjan5.blogspot.in) nominated me for my first ever Liebster award. Thanks a lot Anjan, more than the award, I am happy that my scribbles made their way to your heart and you found them worth reading and praising. The award works in the following way (excerpt taken from Anjan’s blog):
Liebster Blog Award is an Award that is given by the blogging community to new upcoming and deserving bloggers, (As per the rules set up by the blogging community at large, This award is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers) in acknowledgement of the good articles and posts they have written. In presenting a fellow blogger with the reward, the nominee is encouraging him/her to continue creating interesting and inspiring posts… And therefore it is also a motivational Award. All that is required from the nominee is:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the Questions that the nominator sets for you + create 11 Questions for the people you have nominated
3. Choose 11 deserving bloggers and link them in your post
So, here I go:
11 facts about myself:
1. I am a typical Aquarian and an incorrigible day dreamer.
2. I believe, only if you are happy, you can keep others happy.
3. For me, my personal space is important; I am a person beyond every role I am supposed to play as a woman.
4. I find yoga and daily walks the best way to keep fit.
5. I love reading books on philosophy, spirituality, mythology, yoga, mysteries.
6. So far the story I love the most and never get enough of, is Mahabharata, I love to read its different interpretations. The person who wrote it originally was a genius.
7. My idea of God is personal in nature. My God is all around, as much in my home as in temple. He doesn’t need rituals to be pleased.
8. I feel religious texts are the most misinterpreted books.
9. I want to be my daughter’s best friend when she grows up.
10. I am a person of few relationships. Few but strong.
11. I am a balance of emotions and practicality.
11 answers to my questionnaire:
1. One thing about your personality that you hate the most?- I am not organized as I should be as a homemaker.
2. If given a chance to go back into your past…Name one thing you would change in your life - Nothing, I believe everything happens for a reason.
3. If you were given just a day to live what’s the first thing you will do?- I will call everybody who matters to me and would like to spend time with them. I will give lots of instructions to my hysnabd on how I want Misha, my daughter to be raised.
4. What do you prefer the most Love or Friendship… please cite the reason? - Friendship. Friends never judge and are always there when needed.
5. Name one characteristics of a person which will enable you to judge him/her (in terms of good or bad)? - I never judge people, humans are too complex, no one is as bad as you think (s)he is and no one as good as you think (s)he is.
6. What’s the one thing that makes you smile?- Difficult to pick one thing – a child’s innocence, flowers, a comedy movie, sight of my loved ones, warmth of sun in winters, sitting under a shady tree in summers, wonderful memories…List will go on.
7. If you were born again what would you want to be?- As a bird
8. Will you want to spend all your life with someone who likes to be with you but doesn’t love you or someone who loves you but for some reasons ignores you?- Someone who likes to be with me, I cannot take ignorance.
9. Most dreaded dream that you don’t want to come true? – I had recurring dream a couple of years ago that I was surrounded by sea of snakes.
10. What Life means to you in not more than 5 words. - Unpredictable, a roller coaster ride
11. Name the most inspiring blog that you came across of late. – Difficult to pick one, http://panchalibolchi.blogspot.in by Panchali, http://anupampatracontemplates.blogspot.in/ by Anupam Patra, http://jeeteraho.blogspot.in/ by Indu Chhibber and http://tillingtheearthwoman.blogspot.in/ by Bhavana Nissima have been immensely inspirational.
My list of questions:
1. Describe yourself in five words.
2. What do you admire about yourself and why?
3. Emotion or logic?
4. One thing that you would like to change in yourself.
5. What is your idea of God?
6. If a Jeanie grants you three wishes, what would you ask for?
7. If you are given a chance, what would you change about India?
8. What’s your idea of charity and why?
9. If you are given a time machine, which time period would you go to and why?
10. You can’t leave home without…
11. Something you can’t get enough of…
There are so many bloggers I admire and always look forward to their posts but since I had to consider relatively new bloggers so the award goes to:
1. Sreeja Harikrishnan, http://writingonjusttowrite.blogspot.com/
2. Aparna Sinha, http://ephemeralelysian.blogspot.in/
3. Jay Singh, http://road-to-sanitarium.blogspot.in/
4. Rahul V, http://www.simplyhuman.in/
5. Deepak Kripal, http://theoriginalpoetry.blogspot.in/
6. Maiteyee Bhattacharjee, http://jumble-rumble-thoughts.blogspot.in/
7. Rajni Sinha, http://rajni-rajnigaqndha.blogspot.in/
8. Jaspreet, http://goingbeyondthepages.wordpress.com/about/
9. Ekta Khetan, http://ektakhetan.blogspot.in/
10. Wordcoaster, http://wordcoaster.wordpress.com
11. Blue Eyed Son, http://theblueeyedson.blogspot.in/